I love winter. Proper winter. As someone, who was born in a country where real winters happen, I’m not happy with the winters here. But every now and then I get to experience winter the way I like it. When I think of winter, I think of snow. That is what represents winter to me. I love snow.
So here are 5 things I love about snow:
- The sound – Have you ever walked over fresh snow? There’s this particular sound you hear. It’s beautiful
- The smell – It does smell differently. Not the snow itself, but all of nature.
- The touch – There’s a reason kids, and adults, like to form snowballs and snowmen. It feels different than anything we touch every day. It’s firm and yet it melts.
- The light – Waking up and seeing the light fall through the trees covered in snow. I could look at it forever.
- The fairy tale – Snow is magic for me. It transforms the world into something glamourous.
Sadly this winter is one of the winters that are not the way I like them. I had wonderful ideas for images for this post. But it was not meant to be.